Reporting on his observations from a factory in Shijiao, Junkyard Planet author Adam Minter...
raw materials market
by Samuel Wade | Jun 9, 2011
A new ad campaign for The Economist aims to grab attention by juxtaposing opposing arguments regarding the nature of China’s rise. From Advertising @ chinaSMACK: China Is A Threat To The West China spends about $100...
by dwang | Jun 23, 2009
Susan Cornwell and Darren Ennis report for Reuters: The United States and European Union took action against China on Tuesday for restricting exports of industrial raw materials, intensifying a trade struggle at a delicate time...
by Mo Ming | Apr 28, 2006
From Reuters (link) Baosteel, China’s top steel maker, reported a 55.4 percent fall in first-quarter earnings on Saturday, its worst quarterly profit in 14 quarters, as high iron ore costs and low steel prices eroded margins. Baoshan Iron and Steel Co. Ltd., the world’s sixth-largest steel maker by output, posted net earnings of 1.37 billion […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods