Reporting on his observations from a factory in Shijiao, Junkyard Planet author Adam Minter...
raw materials market
by Samuel Wade | Jun 9, 2011
A new ad campaign for The Economist aims to grab attention by juxtaposing opposing arguments regarding the nature of China’s rise. From Advertising @ chinaSMACK: China Is A Threat To The West China spends about $100...
by dwang | Jun 23, 2009
Susan Cornwell and Darren Ennis report for Reuters: The United States and European Union took action against China on Tuesday for restricting exports of industrial raw materials, intensifying a trade struggle at a delicate time...
by Mo Ming | Apr 28, 2006
From Reuters (link) Baosteel, China’s top steel maker, reported a 55.4 percent fall in first-quarter earnings on Saturday, its worst quarterly profit in 14 quarters, as high iron ore costs and low steel prices eroded margins. Baoshan Iron and Steel Co. Ltd., the world’s sixth-largest steel maker by output, posted net earnings of 1.37 billion […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China