Reporting on his observations from a factory in Shijiao, Junkyard Planet author Adam Minter...
raw materials market
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 30, 2012
The Wall Street Journal reports Australia plans to grow business with Asian countries, including China and India, to a third of its economy. This plan comes amid growing anxieties over China’s increasing influence in Australia:...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 9, 2011
A new ad campaign for The Economist aims to grab attention by juxtaposing opposing arguments regarding the nature of China’s rise. From Advertising @ chinaSMACK: China Is A Threat To The West China spends about $100...
by dwang | Jun 23, 2009
Susan Cornwell and Darren Ennis report for Reuters: The United States and European Union took action against China on Tuesday for restricting exports of industrial raw materials, intensifying a trade struggle at a delicate time...
by Mo Ming | Apr 28, 2006
From Reuters (link) Baosteel, China’s top steel maker, reported a 55.4 percent fall in first-quarter earnings on Saturday, its worst quarterly profit in 14 quarters, as high iron ore costs and low steel prices eroded margins. Baoshan Iron and Steel Co. Ltd., the world’s sixth-largest steel maker by output, posted net earnings of 1.37 billion […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo