Reporting on his observations from a factory in Shijiao, Junkyard Planet author Adam Minter...
raw materials market
by Samuel Wade | Jun 9, 2011
A new ad campaign for The Economist aims to grab attention by juxtaposing opposing arguments regarding the nature of China’s rise. From Advertising @ chinaSMACK: China Is A Threat To The West China spends about $100...
by dwang | Jun 23, 2009
Susan Cornwell and Darren Ennis report for Reuters: The United States and European Union took action against China on Tuesday for restricting exports of industrial raw materials, intensifying a trade struggle at a delicate time...
by Mo Ming | Apr 28, 2006
From Reuters (link) Baosteel, China’s top steel maker, reported a 55.4 percent fall in first-quarter earnings on Saturday, its worst quarterly profit in 14 quarters, as high iron ore costs and low steel prices eroded margins. Baoshan Iron and Steel Co. Ltd., the world’s sixth-largest steel maker by output, posted net earnings of 1.37 billion […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions