According to the recently released results of the OECD’s 2012 Programme for International...
Dec 21, 2012
At Paper Republic, Nicky Harman celebrates a good year for Chinese-to-English translations, listing twenty books published—mostly—in 2012. OK, I’ve cheated a bit – three of the publications below are poetry, and two others come...
Oct 10, 2007
An interesting commentary on an interesting directive from the Shanghai government that requires civil servants to read a lot. Translated from China Youth Daily by CDT: “In order to expand the knowledge base in an all-around way and to promote life-long learning,” the Shanghai municipal government issued a trial directive, about building a study-style (Â≠¶‰π†Âûã) […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report