At the South China Morning Post, Li Jing reports on a couple who attracted negative attention to a campaign encouraging Party members to show their loyalty by hand-copying the Communist Party Constitution in its entirety. The...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 6, 2016
Tweeter @beidaijin has shared the following propaganda directive, also posted to CDT Chinese: #Ban...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 7, 2011
At The Sydney Morning Herald, John Garnaut asks whether Bo Xilai, father of Chongqing’s famous anti-mafia campaign and Red Culture resurgence, has already hit his peak: Wang Kang, a Chongqing intellectual who is steeped in...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 1, 2011
The Chinese Communist Party is celebrating the 90th year since its founding in a secret room in Shanghai (in what is now a trendy shopping district) with a propaganda and media blitz. The New York Times reports: The 90th...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2011
“Red Songs”, nationalist anthems of the Maoist era, have exploded across China from Chongqing where their resurgence began. China Real Time Report provides a Red Songs 101 for the arguably fortunate uninitiated. The...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions