At the South China Morning Post, Li Jing reports on a couple who attracted negative attention to a campaign encouraging Party members to show their loyalty by hand-copying the Communist Party Constitution in its entirety. The...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 6, 2016
Tweeter @beidaijin has shared the following propaganda directive, also posted to CDT Chinese: #Ban...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 7, 2011
At The Sydney Morning Herald, John Garnaut asks whether Bo Xilai, father of Chongqing’s famous anti-mafia campaign and Red Culture resurgence, has already hit his peak: Wang Kang, a Chongqing intellectual who is steeped in...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 1, 2011
The Chinese Communist Party is celebrating the 90th year since its founding in a secret room in Shanghai (in what is now a trendy shopping district) with a propaganda and media blitz. The New York Times reports: The 90th...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2011
“Red Songs”, nationalist anthems of the Maoist era, have exploded across China from Chongqing where their resurgence began. China Real Time Report provides a Red Songs 101 for the arguably fortunate uninitiated. The...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods