Last month, the Dalai Lama traveled to Mongolia, a country with long religious and cultural ties...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 11, 2014
In what has been hailed by some as an indication that long-strained cross-strait relations may...
by Xiao Qiang | Jun 13, 2006
From The Age: NEVER heard of the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation? You will soon. China wants the acronym for the five-year-old Central Asian security group, SCO, to become as familiar as other regional acronyms such as NATO and ASEAN, as it seeks to increase its international clout. The group, Beijing’s most concerted effort in regional diplomacy, […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods