Last month, the Dalai Lama traveled to Mongolia, a country with long religious and cultural ties...
Dec 2, 2014
How China continues to mix imperial/party grace (恩) + might (威) in its ethnic/frontier polices...
Jan 9, 2014
As unrest grows in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, Xi Jinping will be reorienting the...
Sep 14, 2006
From The Asia Times Online: “The United States has nothing to fear from China’s emergence as a global economic power… We want you to succeed … The tasks faced by Beijing are so daunting that the biggest risk we face is not that China will overtake the US, but that China won’t move ahead with […]
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?