As Southeast Asian countries continue to face a severe drought amid an extreme El Niño event,...
by Scott Greene | Aug 19, 2012
Anti-Japan protests swept across China on Sunday, after Japanese activists landed on the Diaoyu Islands in the East China Sea and unfurled Japanese flags just days after Japan detained a group of activists from Hong Kong for...
by Scott Greene | Aug 15, 2012
Japan has arrested 14 activists from a Hong Kong-based fishing boat after they landed on the disputed Diaoyu Islands (Senkaku Islands in Japanese) on Wednesday, according to the Japan Times: The seven activists who landed on the...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 18, 2005
This editorial is written by Antonio Chiang (Ê±üÊò•Áî∑) on Taipei Times: Recently China and South Korea have been leading the drive to prevent Japan from gaining a permanent seat on the UN Security Council. South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun has publicly criticized Japan for trying to secure a UN Security Council seat while the Chinese […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods