Freedom House’s newly released Freedom of the Press 2017 report found that there has been a...
Reporters Without Borders
by Cindy | Jul 8, 2013
According to a new report from the Hong Kong Journalists Association, press freedom in Hong Kong has reached a new low since Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying took office last year. The report’s publication follows a series...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 12, 2012
In a press conference on Friday, Nobel Literature prizewinner Mo Yan gave an unexpected expression of support for fellow laureate Liu Xiaobo, the imprisoned winner of the 2010 Peace Prize. Mo’s statement has dampened...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 13, 2011
Last month, the Washington Post reported a legal campaign against Indonesia’s Falun Gong-linked Erabaru Radio, which was apparently instigated by the Chinese embassy. The station’s manager has now been sentenced to...
by April Dembosky | Mar 12, 2008
In the U.S. State Department’s recently released human rights report, China was no longer included among the top ten worst offenders. The New York Times’ Helene Cooper reports that the annual report did say that...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo