U.S. President Joe Biden and Chinese General Secretary Xi Jinping met on Monday in Bali for their first in-person meeting since Biden took office. Buoyed by their recent political victories at home, the two leaders sought to...
Aug 11, 2011
Evan A. Feigenbaum reports in his blog, Asia Unbound, on Vice President Biden’s recent talk at the opening session of the 2011 U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue. Feigenbaum identifies five fundamental Chinese...
Mar 22, 2008
Robert Kagan, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, writes on the Washington Post: China can go for great stretches these days looking like the model of a postmodern, 21st-century power. Visitors...
Apr 19, 2006
Editorial from the Taipei Times (link): Chinese President Hu Jintao (ËÉ°Èå¶Êø§) is scheduled to meet US President George W. Bush in the White House today. While most analyses have said the discussion would focus on trade disputes and issues related to the Korean Peninsula and Iran, more attention should be focused on the extent to […]
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy