Bloomberg News reports that landlords have begun to waive rents and provide other perks to non-luxury names like Zara and H&M in an effort to prevent rising vacancies, as a boom in shopping mall construction amid cooling...
May 29, 2011
China is opening new fronts in its campaign against “white pollution”, including an expansion of the existing ban on free plastic bags. From the AFP: Bookstores and pharmacies nationwide will soon be forbidden to...
May 6, 2009
From Reuters: Wal-Mart, the world’s top retailer, said on Wednesday it has launched a pilot programme to open convenience stores in China, seeking to boost its presence in one of the world’s fastest growing retail...
Aug 8, 2007
From CNBC: China is one of the fastest-growing markets for luxury goods in the world, but not just because of the sheer size of the country. It’s all about demographics. It not only has a burgeoning class of nouveau riche, it’s also got an entire generation of what some may call spoiled brats who have […]
CDT in the News
- NYT — Troops, Noodles and Familial Love: China Lays Out Its Ideal Taiwan
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)