Addressing the Beijing Forum on Literature and Art in October of 2014, President Xi Jinping laid...
Sep 28, 2009
The Museum of the Moving Image has posted a two-part documentary about Chinese cinema’s “Seventeen Years” between the founding of the People’s Republic in 1949 and the beginning of the Cultural...
May 18, 2009
A music video created by a group of netizens called 搬运9课 has recently been widely circulated online due to its very thundering (雷人) effect. In the video, Taiwanese pop music singer Jay Chou’s song “In The Name Of...
Apr 27, 2006
From the People’s Daily Online via NetEase (link), translated by CDT: At the opening of the 12th CCTV young singers competition, the organizers showed three funny video clips, two of which make fun of revolutionary films about Chinese war against Japanese invaders during 1930s. The editor of the clips, Hu Daoge, remade the voice-over of […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends