[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC0p6W_oN3Q[/youtube] The World Bank published a nearly 500 page report Monday, co-authored with a government think-tank, which prescribes a roadmap of reform for the Chinese economy as it...
by Japhet Weeks | Dec 15, 2008
President of the World Bank Robert Zoellick, who is in Beijing for three days to meet with Chinese leaders, commended the country for having taken the appropriate steps to stabilize its economy in light of the deepening global...
by Wu Nan | Oct 21, 2007
With the world’s fastest growing economy, much of it nurtured with natural resources from Africa, China is asked to take more responsibility for helping fight poverty in other developing countries. From AFP: World Bank president Robert Zoellick on Sunday invited China to team up with the 185-nation development lender to fight global poverty and said […]
by Sophie Beach | Sep 26, 2005
From the Standard: United States Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick delivered a refreshingly candid speech in New York last Wednesday at a gala dinner of the National Committee on US-China Relations. I was expecting the usual self- deluding talk, with nonsense like “US- China relations are the most important bilateral relationship in the world […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo