Last week, China’s State Council announced plans to construct a series of...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 23, 2015
On Tuesday in Seattle, President Xi Jinping delivered a policy speech to an elite group of...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 18, 2006
From Asia Times (link): It is no coincidence that Chinese President Hu Jintao is to make Seattle the maiden stop on his first visit to the United States as president. Every Chinese leader since Deng Xiaoping has made it a point to spend some time in that pleasant city of half a million people in […]
by Michael Zhao | Apr 5, 2006
From the AP via USA Today (link): Twenty-two Chinese nationals were in custody Wednesday after they apparently let themselves out of a 40-foot cargo container that had been used to smuggle them from China, officials said. The 18 men and four women, all believed to be in their 20s and 30s, seemed to be in […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’