Last week, China’s State Council announced plans to construct a series of...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 23, 2015
On Tuesday in Seattle, President Xi Jinping delivered a policy speech to an elite group of...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 18, 2006
From Asia Times (link): It is no coincidence that Chinese President Hu Jintao is to make Seattle the maiden stop on his first visit to the United States as president. Every Chinese leader since Deng Xiaoping has made it a point to spend some time in that pleasant city of half a million people in […]
by Michael Zhao | Apr 5, 2006
From the AP via USA Today (link): Twenty-two Chinese nationals were in custody Wednesday after they apparently let themselves out of a 40-foot cargo container that had been used to smuggle them from China, officials said. The 18 men and four women, all believed to be in their 20s and 30s, seemed to be in […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo