ESWN has translated a list of Top Ten Sayings in China, from 6Park.com: At the end of 2005, there are many collections of top ten famous this or famous that of the year. Below is a list of ten famous sayings, which are all-time...
Jun 16, 2005
CDT was sent the following account of the Shalan flash flood (Note: The author, Xiaorong, is not CDT Guest Blogger Li Xiaorong). The essay is based on an article written by a Chinese journalist, which was posted on a BBS but...
Jun 14, 2005
From The LA Times (free registration required): Residents of the Chinese town of Shalan estimate that 200 students died while at school Friday. Negligence may have set the stage for tragedy. See also: Special Report on Heilongjiang Flood Tragedy (in Chinese) on sina.com, Hand prints illustrate China school flood horror from Reuters, and “China to […]
Jun 12, 2005
From Reuters: Rescuers have found 28 more bodies, mostly children, after a flash flood triggered by the worst rains in 200 years hit a packed Chinese school two days ago, killing at least 92 people, state media said on Sunday. The toll could rise further as the official Xinhua news agency said 17 children were […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos