China’s massive energy demands are expected to keep growing as its oil fields continue...
Mar 26, 2013
China faces a “pressing need” to develop new energy sources as its oil fields dry up, writes Elliot Brennan for The Diplomat, and shale gas may hold the key to its future energy security: Estimates of China’s shale...
Mar 12, 2013
China’s vast estimated shale gas reserves may hold the eventual promise of lower-carbon energy—at least compared with the country’s current diet of coal—and freedom from the need to secure oil supplies from the...
Mar 18, 2012
In a week dominated by the political drama surrounding the dismissal of embattled Chongqing party secretary Bo Xilai, speculation continued over possible monetary easing despite mixed messages from officials as they seek to...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy