Once an official in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Yang Hengjun is a commentator and novelist...
Jun 19, 2013
When something disappears from the Internet in China, netizens joke that it has been “river-crabbed,” a play on the euphemism “harmonized.” The River Crab Archive is a collection of blog post titles, weibo, and other materials...
Feb 1, 2013
In this week’s edition of Drawing the News, Chinese political cartoonists take on the country’s longest-serving rubber stamper, Xi Jinping’s anti-corruption campaign, and the ongoing Chongqing sex scandal.
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet