The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Apr 24, 2011
The crackdown on the Shouwang house church in Beijing intensified over the Easter weekend. From the New York Times: The authorities stepped up a three-week campaign against an underground Christian church on Sunday, detaining...
Apr 17, 2011
Following this weekend’s crackdown on the underground Shouwang Church in Beijing, the second in as many weeks, the Globe and Mail puts the events in the broader context of the large-scale crackdown on dissent in China and...
Apr 17, 2011
Police have again detained followers of Shouwang church, an underground house church in Beijing. Last weekend, more than 100 worshippers were detained by police during a service, but most were later released. From AFP: Police...
Apr 9, 2011
A group of Christians in Beijing’s Haidian district has been detained by police, a week after their eviction from the restaurant where they had previously held services. From the Associated Press: Beijing police on Sunday...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos