Writer Sheng Keyi reflects on her return trips home to the once “sweet and sparkling”...
by Natalie Ornell | Mar 18, 2014
At The New York Times, writer Yu Hua describes how Chinese people today avoid the language of...
by Kate Zhao | Aug 8, 2007
From BBC News: The gap between rich and poor has widened sharply in China and many other Asian countries as their economies have boomed, research has suggested. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) found that relative inequality had widened more substantially in China than any other Asian country except for Nepal . Other countries with rising […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern