At Marketplace, Rob Schmitz reports police obstruction and intimidation in Chengdu, where he was...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 30, 2013
China’s first public soil survey since 1996 shows that almost a quarter of the margin...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 1, 2013
The AFP reports on the toxic and deadly legacy left by a factory that ceased operation in 2009 in Shuangqiao, a small village in Hunan province: At least 26 villagers have died from cadmium poisoning and hundreds more fallen...
by Josh Rudolph | May 21, 2013
On Saturday and after much public outcry, food safety authorities in the southern province of Guangzhou released the names of rice producers whose products were found to contain cadmium, a toxic heavy metal. The Global Times...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 30, 2007
Qi Xu is a journalist for China Environmental Times. The following article is translated by ChinaDialogue: Soil contamination has grown unnoticed across China’s landscape. Now, reports Qi Xu, a major geochemical survey is under way, designed to diagnose the extent and severity of the problem. Food safety is a basic need for any population, yet […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo