In the post-Olympics China, another round of media crackdown is clearly underway. Still, the Southern Metropolis Weekly just profiled 20 of the most influential bloggers and commentators in China’s cyberspace, who possess...
by Sophia Cao | Sep 14, 2006
From Danwei: Song Zude is at it again. The latest revelations from China’s least reliable source of nasty celebrity gossip may cost him whatever credibility he managed to scrape together when he correctly called the...
by Sophia Cao | Jun 3, 2006
From Virtual China Blog: Song Zude (ÂÆãÁ•ñÂæ∑) is a wealthy mainland Chinese TV and film producer/director. He’s also the writer of Sohu’s No. 1 blog, which has received over 8 million hits since he started writing it in February of this year (as in, 4 months ago). He describes himself as 18 years old “at […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”