The Telegraph’s Tom Phillips reports that disgraced former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai has denied involvement in or knowledge of the events surrounding the death of British businessman Neil Heywood, according to a...
Jun 26, 2012
Paul French, author of Midnight in Peking, writes for Foreign Policy on perception of women in Chinese politics: Sadly, “dragon ladies” are an all-too-familiar trope in Chinese history: A successful man achieves...
Nov 29, 2009
In the New York Times, Jonathan Mirsky reviews The Last Empress: Madame Chiang Kai-shek and the Birth of Modern China: There is a bull market these days in Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek (1887-1975) and his wife, Soong Mei-ling...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China