Under Chinese law, large companies are required to recruit their own, independent fire departments...
Southern People Weekly
by Little Bluegill | Feb 17, 2013
Before the Southern Weekly crisis broke out last month, one of the paper’s sister publications, the magazine Southern People Weekly, published a scathing exposé on the secret world of spying and backstabbing endemic...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 15, 2005
From The Non-violent Resistence blog: (All links in Chinese unless otherwise specified. ) A hot debate going on in Chinese journalists’ circles these days: a prominent Chinese scientist lashes out against one Southern People Weekly (same family as the once-celebrated, now half-dead Southern Weekend) reporter who did a four-hour interview with him and wrote her […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods