Under Chinese law, large companies are required to recruit their own, independent fire departments...
Southern People Weekly
Feb 17, 2013
Before the Southern Weekly crisis broke out last month, one of the paper’s sister publications, the magazine Southern People Weekly, published a scathing exposé on the secret world of spying and backstabbing endemic...
Jun 27, 2012
In an article for Asia Times Online posted earlier this month, Peter Lee examines the cooling prohibition on discussion of the disastrous effects of the Great Leap Forward. The collection of hastily enacted policies resulted in...
Dec 15, 2005
From The Non-violent Resistence blog: (All links in Chinese unless otherwise specified. ) A hot debate going on in Chinese journalists’ circles these days: a prominent Chinese scientist lashes out against one Southern People Weekly (same family as the once-celebrated, now half-dead Southern Weekend) reporter who did a four-hour interview with him and wrote her […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends