As the pioneering voyage of the Chinese container ship Yong Sheng through the Northeast Passage...
Mar 15, 2013
China’s appetite for raw materials has become a source of concern from Afghanistan and Mongolia to Peru and Zambia. Now, these tensions appear to have spread to Greenland, where the prospect of Chinese encroachment...
Jul 22, 2007
From Caijing.com.cn: China may become a huge market for garbage treatment services, and a French-Chinese-Hong Kong joint venture is testing the waters with the country’s largest incinerator for toxic rubbish. The venture co-owned by Suez Environment Group of France , Shanghai Chemical Industry Park and Hong Kong New World Development Co. , installed the incinerator […]
CDT in the News
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes
- China-Africa Project – Lockdown “Shout-Out” Videos Featuring Africans Raise Controversy