Austin Ramzy and Philip Pan introduce The New York Times’ new Sinosphere blog with a look...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 10, 2012
The New York Times reviews a new book, Autumn in the Heavenly Kingdom: China, the West, and the Epic Story of the Taiping Civil War, which looks at the Taiping Rebellion, one of the bloodiest periods of Chinese history, which is...
by Josie Liu | Dec 14, 2007
[Editor’s note; Josie Liu is a journalist from China who once worked for the South China Morning Post and other newspapers in Beijing. She currently writes the “China in Transition” blog and will also be guest blogging for CDT.] Hong Kong director Peter Ho-Sun Chan’s newly released movie, The Warlords, has generated not only tens […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions