According to census figures released this week, China’s population is more educated than ever. More than 15% of the recorded population had completed tertiary education, a 9% jump from just a decade earlier. But for...
by Cindy | Feb 10, 2016
Opera Software, a Norway-based company that operates a popular web browser, intends to accept a...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 28, 2007
China’s the place where everyone wants to invest…right? Its tech sector, laden with both high expectations and unclear results, calls some things into doubt. For more information on the tech boom’s status and its possible future, read on. From The Washington Post: Over the past decade, start-ups have proliferated throughout China, thanks to an aggressive […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions