A new Human Rights Watch Report on the secret trials of four Tibetan monks has shed light on repression in Tibet. At The Guardian, Helen Davidson summarized HRW’s report on the raid against a small monastery in the foothills of...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 25, 2018
In an interview with Himal Southasian, University of British Columbia historian Tsering Shakya...
by Cindy | Feb 26, 2016
At CNN, Katie Hunt reports that the Tibet Autonomous Region is closed to all foreign visitors and...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 13, 2012
Last week, travel agents told of a government mandated ban on foreign travel to Tibet as sensitivity mounts after the ongoing wave of self-immolation recently spread into Lhasa. While a lack of foreign tourists may be hurting...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 15, 2011
July 1 marks the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party, and to prepare for the festivities, the government is barring all foreigners from traveling to Tibet. From Reuters: China, sensitive to instability or any other...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods