This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
Dec 4, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Dec 9, 2014
In October, China’s “Cyberspace Minister” Lu Wei warned foreign Internet companies that the...
Apr 1, 2013
After a series of attacks by state media over the past several weeks, Apple on Monday issued an apology letter signed by Chief Executive Tim Cook that promised to improve its customer service and warranty policies in China. From...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy