As members of the predominately Muslim Uighur ethnic minority have found increased restrictions on...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 15, 2011
As reported on Monday, the Jiangsu village of Huaxi recently unveiled a 328-metre skyscraper, crowned with a golden disco ball and housing a one-ton solid gold ox. The Guardian has now published a video report on the village and...
by Sophie Beach | May 2, 2005
From the Standard: The idea of “money first, everything else second” now appears to have affected nearly everyone on the mainland. So don’t be surprised or upset when you find you have to pay a whole lot more for a ticket to visit a World Heritage site in China – or to discover that designation […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods