As members of the predominately Muslim Uighur ethnic minority have found increased restrictions on...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 15, 2011
As reported on Monday, the Jiangsu village of Huaxi recently unveiled a 328-metre skyscraper, crowned with a golden disco ball and housing a one-ton solid gold ox. The Guardian has now published a video report on the village and...
by Sophie Beach | May 2, 2005
From the Standard: The idea of “money first, everything else second” now appears to have affected nearly everyone on the mainland. So don’t be surprised or upset when you find you have to pay a whole lot more for a ticket to visit a World Heritage site in China – or to discover that designation […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions