As members of the predominately Muslim Uighur ethnic minority have found increased restrictions on...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 15, 2011
As reported on Monday, the Jiangsu village of Huaxi recently unveiled a 328-metre skyscraper, crowned with a golden disco ball and housing a one-ton solid gold ox. The Guardian has now published a video report on the village and...
by Sophie Beach | May 2, 2005
From the Standard: The idea of “money first, everything else second” now appears to have affected nearly everyone on the mainland. So don’t be surprised or upset when you find you have to pay a whole lot more for a ticket to visit a World Heritage site in China – or to discover that designation […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China