Beijing’s hosting of the recent Belt and Road Forum, a meeting to promote the ambitious...
Jan 21, 2014
Reuters reports that China is criticizing the United States for passing a spending bill that...
Jun 13, 2007
China, according to the US Treasury, cannot technically be classified as a currency manipulator. China has not used the undervalued yuan for a trade advantage, but several Congressmen and Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. have expressed concern over China’s export-driven economy, and they are seeking a solution. From the New York Times: A group […]
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy