In a whiplash sequence of events, Brazilian regulators suspended and then resumed trials of a Chinese-developed coronavirus vaccine after the sudden death of a trial participant, later discovered to be a suicide. Vaccines...
Apr 2, 2019
While locally resident Uyghurs account for the majority of the estimated million or more held in...
Feb 25, 2019
Due to fear of economic retribution, Muslim countries have been largely silent on Xinjiang’s...
Jul 11, 2015
Authorities in Thailand have forcibly deported nearly 100 Uyghur refugees back to China where...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos