The following is an excerpt of an article titled “China’s win-win at the UN Human Rights Council: Just not for human rights” by Andréa Worden. Read the full text of the article at Project Sinopsis. Before the Human...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 18, 2015
On Tuesday, November 17, senior Chinese officials faced questions from a U.N. Committee Against...
by alicebirney | Aug 23, 2011
Nepal continues its support the idea of a “one-China” policy and furthers is restrictions on Tibetan refugees living in its nation. Bloomberg reports: The Himalayan nation of Nepal is tightening restrictions against...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods