The following is an excerpt of an article titled “China’s win-win at the UN Human Rights Council: Just not for human rights” by Andréa Worden. Read the full text of the article at Project Sinopsis. Before the Human...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 18, 2015
On Tuesday, November 17, senior Chinese officials faced questions from a U.N. Committee Against...
by alicebirney | Aug 23, 2011
Nepal continues its support the idea of a “one-China” policy and furthers is restrictions on Tibetan refugees living in its nation. Bloomberg reports: The Himalayan nation of Nepal is tightening restrictions against...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China