Just after 7PM on April 30, a blast shook the largest train station in Urumqi, the capital of...
Dec 31, 2013
The last of 22 Uyhgurs held by the U.S. military at Guantánamo Bay have been freed, ten years...
May 4, 2006
From the Washington Post (link): U.S. generals did not invite China to a meeting last week attended by 91 countries and aimed at boosting cooperation in the U.S.-declared global war on terrorism, the military said on Thursday. China borders several hot spots, including Afghanistan and Pakistan, and is home to ethnic groups whose members have […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos