The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Aug 25, 2011
Bloomberg reports that China’s largest banks posted impressive profits while their European and American counterparts posted losses: Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (601398) Ltd. posted a 29 percent increase in...
Nov 17, 2008
Bloomberg reports on Bank of America’s decision to invest $7 billion into China Construction Bank: Bank of America, which is buying Merrill Lynch & Co., will boost the stake in China’s No. 2 bank to 19.13...
Dec 20, 2007
Reuters reports on China’s recent bailout of U.S. investment bank Morgan Stanley: China has agreed to pump $5 billion into Morgan Stanley as the U.S. investment bank reported a stunning fourth-quarter loss fueled by $9.4 billion of losses in subprime mortgages and other assets. China’s investment, which could translate into as much as a 9.9 […]
CDT in the News
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)