At The Los Angeles Times, Steven Zeitchik and Jonathan Landreth explore the American film industry’s expanding relationship with the Chinese audience and government. On one hand, this has boosted the frequency and favourability...
by Scott Greene | Apr 26, 2012
A Los Angeles Times opinion piece highlights the shooting murders of two USC graduate students earlier this month, Ming Qu and Ying Wu, and the unsympathetic wave of negative reaction that has emerged in the Chinese blogosphere:...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal