While reports suggest China’s housing bubble may soon burst and some express the zero-sum sentiment that China’s continued rise means America’s decline, economist Zachary Karabell argues that a thriving China...
by Scott Greene | Oct 14, 2011
As the Occupy Wall Street protests gain momentum, the Global Times spoke with Los Angeles-based journalist Nomi Prins and Peking University professor Wang Yizhou about the movement’s goals, its likely impact and the...
by Michael Zhao | Dec 25, 2007
Translated by CDT from Global Times Online (环球时报), which doesn’t name one of the key sources: No wonder that Wall Street has smelled the enormous opportunity in serving the ever-growing Chinese rich. Now there’s one new growing service at major investment banks: helping Chinese coal bosses to manage their big bank accounts. Mr. G, an […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods