While reports suggest China’s housing bubble may soon burst and some express the zero-sum sentiment that China’s continued rise means America’s decline, economist Zachary Karabell argues that a thriving China...
by Scott Greene | Oct 14, 2011
As the Occupy Wall Street protests gain momentum, the Global Times spoke with Los Angeles-based journalist Nomi Prins and Peking University professor Wang Yizhou about the movement’s goals, its likely impact and the...
by Michael Zhao | Dec 25, 2007
Translated by CDT from Global Times Online (环球时报), which doesn’t name one of the key sources: No wonder that Wall Street has smelled the enormous opportunity in serving the ever-growing Chinese rich. Now there’s one new growing service at major investment banks: helping Chinese coal bosses to manage their big bank accounts. Mr. G, an […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China