In the South China Morning Post, Verna Yu profiles journalist Gao Yu, who was sentenced last month...
by Natalie Ornell | Jun 4, 2014
At The New York Times, David Barboza and Michael Forsythe tell the story of Xiao Jianhua, a...
by Liu Yong | Jul 28, 2008
From Reuters: One of China’s leading dissidents, Chen Ziming, hopes the Beijing Olympics will be like the Seoul Games in 1988 and lead to political reform and not like the Nazi propaganda-driven Berlin Olympics of 1936....
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods