As Chinese authorities mount a sustained campaign against Western influence in higher education,...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 3, 2012
Last year’s CCP Central Committee plenum focused on “cultural reform” and the main document released after the session was titled, “Central Committee Decision Concerning the Major Issue of Deepening Cultural...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 3, 2011
An article in the New York Times over the weekend looked at the recent surge of interest in Western opera in China: After years spent building spectacular, state-of-the art opera houses in major metropolises and unheralded...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions