As Chinese authorities mount a sustained campaign against Western influence in higher education,...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 3, 2012
Last year’s CCP Central Committee plenum focused on “cultural reform” and the main document released after the session was titled, “Central Committee Decision Concerning the Major Issue of Deepening Cultural...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 3, 2011
An article in the New York Times over the weekend looked at the recent surge of interest in Western opera in China: After years spent building spectacular, state-of-the art opera houses in major metropolises and unheralded...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods