Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam is facing calls to step down over her handling of an...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 6, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 16, 2015
As China’s former security chief Zhou Yongkang awaits trial for “bribery, abuse of...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 6, 2005
On AsiaMedia, Willy Lam writes: Can Hu Jintao recover from the blow that the so-called ‘Zhao Ziyang fiasco’ has dealt to his already shaky reputation? The Chinese Communist Party (CCP)’s shabby treatment of the recently deceased former party chief has cast doubt not only on Hu’s commitment to reform but also his integrity as a […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods