Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam is facing calls to step down over her handling of an...
Apr 13, 2016
The implication of eight past and present Chinese leader’s relatives—including Xi Jinping’s...
Apr 6, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Apr 16, 2015
As China’s former security chief Zhou Yongkang awaits trial for “bribery, abuse of...
Apr 2, 2015
At Foreign Policy, the Chinese University of Hong Kong’s Willy Lam discusses signs that Xi...
Jul 29, 2012
AFP reports quiet in Qidong amid a heavy police presence following Saturday’s violent protests against a planned pipeline. “People don’t dare to go out in the streets today,” said a local resident, who...
Feb 6, 2005
On AsiaMedia, Willy Lam writes: Can Hu Jintao recover from the blow that the so-called ‘Zhao Ziyang fiasco’ has dealt to his already shaky reputation? The Chinese Communist Party (CCP)’s shabby treatment of the recently deceased former party chief has cast doubt not only on Hu’s commitment to reform but also his integrity as a […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos