Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam is facing calls to step down over her handling of an...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 6, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 16, 2015
As China’s former security chief Zhou Yongkang awaits trial for “bribery, abuse of...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 6, 2005
On AsiaMedia, Willy Lam writes: Can Hu Jintao recover from the blow that the so-called ‘Zhao Ziyang fiasco’ has dealt to his already shaky reputation? The Chinese Communist Party (CCP)’s shabby treatment of the recently deceased former party chief has cast doubt not only on Hu’s commitment to reform but also his integrity as a […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions