Should the “chaste widows” of late imperial China, who committed suicide to preserve...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 9, 2015
At least ten women’s rights activists were detained on Friday and Saturday in Beijing,...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 3, 2014
From The Guardian’s Tania Branigan: At 85, Liang is a rare survivor of a custom stretching...
by Scott Greene | Dec 11, 2012
Clifford Coonan of The Independent catches up with Angelica Cheung, the editor of Vogue China, to discuss the challenges facing women in modern China and the secret behind the success of her magazine: Cheung believes the reason...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo