Rights lawyer Xie Yang, one of the few still awaiting trial after the 2015 “Black Friday” or “709”...
by Josh Rudolph | May 29, 2015
On Wednesday May 20, police in Nanchang, Jiangxi placed activist Wu Gan, also known by supporters...
by Josh Rudolph | May 13, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | May 12, 2015
In recent days, many Internet users in China have been closely following the story of Xu Chunhe, a...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”