Rights lawyer Xie Yang, one of the few still awaiting trial after the 2015 “Black Friday” or “709”...
by Josh Rudolph | May 29, 2015
On Wednesday May 20, police in Nanchang, Jiangxi placed activist Wu Gan, also known by supporters...
by Josh Rudolph | May 13, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | May 12, 2015
In recent days, many Internet users in China have been closely following the story of Xu Chunhe, a...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods