The Wall Street Journal noted today that the Chinese, who have turned to the high life at sea, have begun investing not only in yachts but in the companies that make them: This week’s announcement that Italy’s Ferretti Yachts...
Sep 20, 2011
China’s nouveau riche have been much in the news recently. Here, the New York Times looks at them as potential consumers of yachts: The four-day Hainan Rendez-Vous brought together luxury brands catering to various market...
May 5, 2011
Business Week reports on the new trend among China’s wealthy elite: luxury elites: China’s economic growth has resulted in flush times for the country’s emerging yacht industry. A half dozen or so Chinese yacht...
Apr 8, 2006
From China News Agency (link): The 11th China International Boat Show opened at the Shanghai Exhibition Center on the 6th, when 300-odd global leisure yacht manufacturers, such as the world’s largest, B√©n√©teau S.A., and France’s top yacht brand Jeanneau, showed up one after another. Statistics show that in the recent decade, only around 100 yachts […]
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction