The Committee to Protect Journalists’ International Press Freedom Awards will take place in...
Nov 24, 2009
Ying Chan, director of the Journalism and Media Studies Center at The University of Hong Kong, writes an op-ed in the New York Times about the images portrayed during President Obama’s visit to China last week: While the...
Oct 28, 2008
Ying Chan, director of Hong Kong University’s journalism program, presents a recently published collection of fifteen essays from some of China’s top journalists. The essays touch on many issues ranging from classic...
CDT in the News
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast
- The Straits Times – China’s Covid-19 protesters find themselves up against censorship, surveillance
- NYT – Quotation of the Day: With Sly Memes and Wordless Protests, Fed-Up Chinese Test the Authorities
- Christian Science Monitor – In mass protests across China, goals go beyond easing COVID rules
- NYT – Memes, Puns and Blank Sheets of Paper: China’s Creative Acts of Protest