As the United States waits for the substantive results of the 2020 presidential election, official Chinese channels are staying quiet. On U.S. election day, censorship authorities ordered media to follow the lead of state...
by Sophie Beach | May 24, 2009
On her blog, Reshma Patil, the China correspondent for the Hindustan Times, writes about her discovery of the only authentic Indian food in China at the trading center of Yiwu: More Indians travel to little Yiwu than to Beijing...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 22, 2008
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions