Reuters reports that China’s Internet regulators have implemented a new rule requiring real...
by Scott Greene | Jan 5, 2012
Chinese television broadcasters have implemented deep cuts to their lineup of prime-time entertainment programming, reducing the number of such shows from 126 to 38 in order to comply with tough new government restrictions that...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 10, 2010
Francois Bougon reports for AFP: The 384 million people now online in China, where the need to build connections (guanxi) has always been vital, have fostered an explosion in web networking, led by instant messaging and...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods