The following censorship instructions, issued to the media and internet companies by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body has been omitted to protect the source. Hello...
by Grace | Oct 23, 2019
Youths in their teens and early twenties make up a significant proportion of the protesters in Hong Kong. Living regular lives on weekdays and donning protest gear to attend rallies on weekends has become the new routine for the...
by lisbeth | Aug 15, 2017
China’s population of internet users broke 700 million this year, and government reports...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 1, 2012
While the rise of consumerism in China continues to attract attention, Monica Tan turns to the backlash against it. From Tea Leaf Nation: It’s happened all over the world, and it’s happening in China too. As the country’s middle...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods