Liu Xiang’s one-legged finish after falling at the first hurdle in London seemed to offer a dramatic counterpoint to China’s “gold or nothing” approach to the games. CCTV presenter Yang Jian choked up as...
Aug 16, 2012
The following example of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies by...
Aug 15, 2012
As of August 15, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
Aug 13, 2012
State television is reporting that Zhou Kehua, wanted in connection with a series of killings and robberies, was shot dead by Chongqing police on Tuesday morning. From The China Daily: Zhou Kehua, a 42-year-old...
CDT in the News
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?
- RFA – Guangdong officials ban Model United Nations over federalism debate
- BBC – Chinese grieve popular ex-premier Li Keqiang in quiet show of dissent
- Le Monde – En Chine, l’hommage très contrôlé à l’ex-premier ministre Li Keqiang, « dernier dirigeant de l’ère des réformes »