In an annual report during the recently concluded annual session of the National People’s...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 9, 2017
Following condemnation of “Western ‘constitutional democracy,’ ‘separation of powers,’ ‘judicial...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 29, 2017
Developments in the crackdown on rights lawyers that began with the “Black Friday” or “709” sweep...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 14, 2016
When Finance Minister Lou Jiwei criticized China’s Labor Contract Law for protecting workers too...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China