In an annual report during the recently concluded annual session of the National People’s...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 9, 2017
Following condemnation of “Western ‘constitutional democracy,’ ‘separation of powers,’ ‘judicial...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 29, 2017
Developments in the crackdown on rights lawyers that began with the “Black Friday” or “709” sweep...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 14, 2016
When Finance Minister Lou Jiwei criticized China’s Labor Contract Law for protecting workers too...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern