Twenty-two Rules for Zhejiang Businessmen
The following document was reportedly found on the wall of a Zhejiang businessman’s office, and has since been circulated widely among Chinese bloggers.
Twenty-two Rules for Businessman from Zhejiang Province
1. Persist in watching CCTV-1 News.
2. Don’t readily trust an agreement or a contract.
3. You yourself must keep your word, as a promise is worth a thousand ounces of gold. But this doesn’t apply to those who always break their word.
4. Don’t conduct business where you can afford the win yet can’t afford the loss.
5. Don’t input too much in advance, and save enough strength for yourself.
6. There’s nothing in the world that you can’t do, yet businessman can achieve something while refusing to do something else.
7. Be careful when choosing a partner.
8. Don’t have family members in your team.
9. Don’t sleep with a woman who has a conflict of interest with you.
10. Don’t tell the details of your business to your woman.
11. You can bribe but don’t be a tainted witness at court
12. Don’t commit tax evasion or tax fraud, but learn how to do legal tax avoidance.
13. You can make use of journalists but don’t trust them.
14. Don’t be ostentatious, unless you’re a real Mr. Big.
15. Stand in the middle, and don’t engage in any political faction battles.
16. Don’t care much about the gain and loss of money and interests.
17. Don’t show off your money.
18. The right to speak lays with the capital. But you shouldn’t let others know easily how much right to speak you hold.
19. Learn from other people’s success and failure, gain and loss, yet you can ignore the cases outside China.
20. Don’t employ the rules of the gang to solve business conflicts.
21. Don’t take care of every single thing personally under the precondition of controlling the overall situation.
22. Leave yourself a route to retreat, in case you are deserted or betrayed by friends and allies.