November 21, 2013 6:06 PM
archives auction authoritarianism book reviews books british CCP censorship contemporary history corruption counterfeit goods counterfeiting drought Edgar Snow Egypt fake goods famine food food prices foreign correspondents foreigners in China foreign journalists Global Times great leap forward history jung chang Mao Zedong PRC history writers Yang Jisheng
The South China Morning Post reports that a letter by revered Chinese writer and intellectual Lu Xun sold for 6.56 million yuan (more than US $1
The Global Times reports on an exhibition co-sponsored by the State Archives Administration of China entitled “Red Star Over China:
October 25, 2013 3:18 PM
In a video interview with Te-Ping Chen in The Wall Street Journal Asia, Wild Swans author Jung Chang spoke about her new book “Empress Dowager
October 3, 2013 2:12 PM
- Yang Jisheng: China’s Chronicler of Pas...
- Jonathan Spence: As Luck Would Have It
- Hebei Museum Shut Over Forged Exhibits
- ‘Groundbreaking’ Jung Chang Book ...
- The Grand Canal: China’s Ancient Lifeli...
- ‘Tombstone: The Great Chinese Famine...
- Tombstone, the 1959-1961 Famine in China
- A Great Leap Into the Abyss
- The Great Leap From Myth to History
- A Tale of Midnight Murder in Old Peking
- South China Protests: Not So Subversive?
- International and Domestic Implications of Ch...
- China in the 21st Century: What Everyone Need...