June 6, 2014 7:39 PM
Beijing book reviews Dalai Lama democracy Dharamsala Gansu Gyantse history Ian Buruma Lhasa unrest Liang Jing Lobsang Sangay Losar March 10 Nancy Pelosi national defense nationalism Olympics torch Pico Iyer police violence PRC history pro-China Qiangba Puncog san francisco self-immolations separatism Sichuan Taiwan status Tibet tibetan buddhism tibetan politics Tibetan refugees Tibet culture Tibet development Tibet Dialogue Tibet environment Tibet exile Tibet history tibet policy tibet politics Tibet protests Tibet status Unhappy China United Kingdom Wang Lixiong Wen Jiabao White Papers Xi Jinping Xinjiang
November 19, 2015 10:59 PM
Frank Jack Daniel at Reuters reports that Lobsang Sangay, the prime minister of Tibet’s self-proclaimed government-in-exile, says
Phuntso Wangye (also known as Phunwang), the founder of the Tibetan Communist Party who later became an outspoken critic of Chinese rule in Tibet,
April 1, 2014 11:50 AM
In the fourth such self-immolation this month, a Tibetan died after setting himself on fire in Gansu. From AP: Free Tibet said Lhamo Kyeb, 27, died
October 20, 2012 10:35 PM
- Teenaged Tibetan Monk ‘Self-immolates...
- Dalai Lama Called for Focus on Climate, not P...
- China Seizes On a Dark Chapter for Tibet
- China Warns Obama not to Meet Dalai Lama
- Course Correction
- Wang Xiaodong (王小东): It’s Up to the West to F...
- Obama Officials Meet Dalai Lama in India
- Robert Barnett: A Way out of Tibet’s Mo...
- Ian Buruma: China’s Burden
- Pico Iyer: ‘A Hell on Earth’
- Dialogue on Tibet: Past, Present and Future
- Tibet Atrocities Dot Official China History
- A Year after China Quashed Revolt, Tibetans S...
- China Sees Separatist Threats
- Did Britain Just Sell Tibet?
- China Tightening Control in Tibet Region, Exi...
- The Next Tibetan Uprising?
- Who Owns Tibet?