During the Two Sessions, the media are to pay attention to the following:
- Do not report hearsay concerning high-level cadres, such as the news on March 2 about Zhou Yongkang;
- Keep a reliable handle on the developments in Ukraine;
- Do not report or carry stories about disbanding the China Earthquake Administration;
- Cease reporting on the stampede in the Guangzhou subway;
- Cease reporting that the Beijing International Hotel is using a real name system for mineral water for Two Sessions committee members, and similar stories;
- Do not hype sensitive issues concerning the military, such as the establishment of joint headquarters and the ending of the Military Arts Troupe;
- The Green Beagle Environment Institute attempted to employ a certain media group to expose [the wrongdoing of] three pharmaceutical companies, including United Laboratories (Inner Mongolia) and Beifang Zhiyao. All media must be on alert for reporters from so-called Christian media; do not engage with them;
- Cease reporting on East Star Group’s shareholder dispute with Rongzhong;
- Do not carry reports or comment on Orient Lucky Horse resolving its own problems by asking Hong Kong media to report on investment issues in Wuhan;
- Do not take the next step in covering the commuter bus fire in Jilin.
Also: Interactive platforms must delete comments on the following content: (1) Zhang Chunxian: “Scaling the Wall,” Other Tech Tricks Let Terror Flow out of Xinjiang; (2) Global Times: ‘Failed Overseas Jihad’ Led to Terrorist Attack; Rebiya [Kadeer] Equivocates.” (March 6, 2014)
CDT collects directives from a variety of sources and checks them against official Chinese media reports to confirm their implementation.
Since directives are sometimes communicated orally to journalists and editors, who then leak them online, the wording published here may not be exact. The original publication date on CDT Chinese is noted after the directives; the date given may indicate when the directive was leaked, rather than when it was issued. CDT does its utmost to verify dates and wording, but also takes precautions to protect the source.
This likely refers to Yantai Beifang Zhiyao. The directives does not mention the third company in question. Back.